1. Click “Settings” in the top right-hand corner.
2. Select the “Programs” tab.
3. Select the “Add New Program” icon .
4. Fill out the required information:
- Location: If you are a multi-location childcare, specify which location this program is for or select “All Locations” if the program is available at all locations.
- Program Name: Name of the program.
- Program Type (Daytime, Before School, After School, or Custom)
- Enter a “Description” of the program (Please note this description will be visible to families on their app. An example of the description could be the age range for that program.)
- From the “Enrollment Fees” drop-down menu, select if you would like Kindertales to automatically apply your pre-set enrollment fees to a child’s account when enrolling them into this program.
- Enter the “Grace Period” that you will allow families for late pick-up before Kindertales will automatically charge your late fee, if applicable.
- Enter the “Late Fee Per Minute” that Kindertales will automatically charge if a family exceeds the grace period window.
- Default Milestone: Select the group of pre-set Kindertales Milestones for this program. If the options available do not apply, select the one that is closest to the age group of this program. Milestones will not be visible to the families.
- The baby bulletin is a form that parents can fill out on the Kindertales Parent mobile app that will let your staff know how an infant slept, when they last ate, etc. You can toggle this option on or off for this Program.
When selecting the program type, keep these rules and examples in mind:
- Daytime Program – Indicates your “Core Programs”. A child can only be enrolled into 1 daytime program at a time
- Before School Program – Typically for school-age children and will be signed out by staff members. Please note that the automatic “Late Fee” WILL NOT be charged if the child is signed out after the grace period.
- After School Program – Typically for school-age children and will be signed in by staff members. Please note that the automatic “Late Fee” WILL be charged if the child is signed out after the grace period.
- Custom Program – Any other program that your center offers that does not fall under the 3 program types listed above. Ex. Drop-In Programs, Enrichment Programs, Camps, etc.)
To continue on how to add program pricing, click here.